Name – Akshay Kumar Parija
Date Of Birth – 12 May 1954
Place Of Birth – Balidhip Village, Jagatsingpur Dist, Odisha
Father – Alekh Parija
Mother – Khetramani Parija
Occupation – Film Maker, Producer
Akshay Kumar Parija is an Odia film maker and also a passionate promoter of Odia culture, Nature and Odissi dance in his films. His film Jianta Bhoota and Kehi Nuhen Kahara won seven State Film awards as the best films. His involvement in his work giving the best result at the end.
Life & Career:
Parija born on 12 May 1954 and brought up in a small village named Balidhip at Jagatsinghpur Dist, Odisha. His journey was very difficult from his childhood, which motivates to grow his insight hopes, determinations, and self-motivations towards his goal.
After leaving home, earning two degrees at universities in India, and working as an international banker for nearly three decades, Parija finally closed the distance and found his way to HBS.
“Being a banker by profession, I entered into film production to project Odia cinema prominently in the international arena apart from highlighting the rich cultural tradition of the land where I was born. When you are away from your motherland, you realize its greatness in a more intimate way. I would always love to do films that would serve the cause of our culture,” explained Parija who is recently lives in Dubai.
Filmography As A Producer:
2008 – Jianta Bhoota
2012 – Thukool
2015 – Kehi Nuhen Kahara
2016 – Agastya, Bye Bye Dubai
2016 – Dark Wind, Love You Jessica, Buxi Jagabandhu (Upcoming)
Awards & Achievements:
Prabasi Odia Pratibha Samman, 2011 by Non-resident Odia Facilitation Centre Bhubaneswar
- Community Service award,2011 by Kuwait Odia Association for promoting Odia culture outside India and contribution to Odia films
- 36th Annual Function & Chalachitra Jagata Pratibha Samman,2011 for Best Film Producer for “Jianta Bhoota”
- Mohan Sunder Dev Goswami Award, 2008 for Best film “Jianta Bhoota”
- WASITRAC Honors & Recognisation for Akshay Ku Parija for his extraordinary contribution in promoting international cultures & trade’ 2010 by Lt. Governor Brad Owen, Space Needle, Seattle, 2010
- 37th Annual Orissa Society of the Americas as Member Achievement Award.
- Special recognition film award to “The Living Ghost” at OMAN Green Awards’ 2011
- Guest of Honour & Speaker’2015, Jagannath Society Of The Americas, Nashville
- Special Recognition at 42nd Annual OSA Convention’ 2011
- 56th National film award, 2008, Best Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation
- Appreciation for support & contribution to Prabasi Odia Samaj, Abu-dhabi, 2013
- Membership Achievement Award, His role as the producer of the award winning movie “The Living Ghost”, 2010, San Francisco, Bay Area, OSA
- Chitralipi Samman 2012, Best Film
- 6th Muscat Film Festival, Jury Award for Best Foreigner Film, The Living Ghost,2010
- Odia Film Fair Award, 2015,Best Producer, Kehi Nuhe Kahara
- Banichitra Cine Award- 2016
- Basant Nayak Smruti Samman’2015 by Cinema Sansara
- ACRUX Showcase Odisha Awards- 2014 by Prelude Communications
- Utkal Pratibha Samman’ 2015
- 6th Odia Film Fair Award’ 2015
- Cinema Duniya Award’ 2016
- Chalachitra Jagat Prativa Samman,2015,Debabrata Kar Memorial Best Film Award for the film “Kehi Nuhe Kahara“
- Guru Gangadhar Smruti Samman, 2016,12th Dhauli Kalinga Mahotsav